Venice (Italy), the State Archive, the word Arsenale is cited in an official document from the 18th century at the Monastery of San Daniele that, in turn, mentions the existence of a land sale dated 11 April 1220. That sale, made by the prior of the monastery on behalf of the bishop of Castello, Marco Nicola, then Patriarch of Venice, conceded the use of a stretch of water bordering the Arsenale. The mention in 1220 was the first official citation of the Venice Arsenale.
error: All rights reserved to Parallelozero - Do not copy or use images without written permission. To license our photos please write to [email protected]